Arcana Coelestia (Elliott) n. 10325
The books of the Word are all those which have the internal sense; books which do not have it are not the Word. The books of the Word in the Old Testament are: The five Books of Moses; the Book of Joshua;
the Book of Judges; the two Books of Samuel; the two Books of Kings; the Psalms of David; and the Prophets, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah,
Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi. And in the New Testament they are: The four Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John; and the Book of Revelation.
- And Jehovah
spoke to Moses, saying,
- See, I have called by name Bezalel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, belonging to the tribe of Judah.
- And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in intelligence,
and in knowledge, and in all [manner of] worka,
- To compose designsb, to workc in gold, and in silver, and in bronze,
- And in the cutting of stones for fillingd, and in the carving
of wood, to worka in all [manner of] worka.
- And I, behold, I have appointede with him Aholiab the son of Ahisamach, belonging to the tribe of Dan; and I have put wisdom in the heart of everyone
wise in heart. And they shall make all the things that I have commanded you -
- The tent of meeting, and the ark of the Testimony, and the mercy-seat which is over it, and all the vessels of
- And the table and its vessels, and the pure lampstand and all its vessels, and the altar of incense,
- And the altar of burnt offering and all its vessels, and the laver and its pedestal,
- And the garments of ministry, and the holy garments for Aaron the priest, and the garments of his sons, to serve in the priestly office,
- And the anointing oil, and the incense of spices
for what is holy. According to all the things which I have commanded you they shall do.
- And Jehovah spoke to Moses, saying,
- And you, speak to the children of Israel, saying, Surely you shall
keep My sabbaths; for it is a sign between Me and you [throughout] your generations, that you may know that I Jehovah am sanctifying you.
- And you shall keep the sabbath, for it is holy to you.
He who profanes it must certainly die; for everyone who does work on that [day], that soul will be cut off from the midst of his people.
- Work shall be done for six days, and on the seventh day there
is the sabbath of restf, holy to Jehovah; whoever does any work on the sabbath day must certainly die.
- And the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, observing the sabbath [throughout]
their generations, the covenant of an ageg.
- This is a sign between Me and the children of Israel into an ageh; for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day
He rested and recovered His breath.
- And He gave to Moses, when He had finished talking to him on Mount Sinai, the two tablets of the Testimony, the tablets of stone, written with the finger of
a i.e. in every kind of workmanship or craft
b lit. to design thoughts
c lit. make or do
d i.e. stones which, having been cut, were to be set in the ephod and the breastplate
f lit. sabbath of sabbath
g i.e. a perpetual covenant
h i.e. forever
This page is part of
© 2000-2001 The Academy of the New Church